[spf-discuss] pypolicyd-spf 0.5.2 released

2007-10-27 12:23:10
The new version can be found at:

http://www.openspf.org/blobs/pypolicyd-spf-0.5.2.tar.gz

Significant changes include:

  * Corrected regression so appending a header on Permerror works (introduced
     in 0.4) - Thanks to "John A. Martin" <jam(_at_)jamux(_dot_)com> for the
bug report.
  * Log and prepend Mail From result instead of HELO result if both are None.
  * Provide default explanation for None results (so header and log fields are
     not left empty
  * Use correct RFC 4408 identity names (mailfrom/helo) in headers, logging,
     and SMTP replies
  * Use package installed config file if none is specified and related
     documentation updates
  * Fix default installation location for man pages and config file
  * Revised README.per_user_whitelisting

If there are features that would make this more useable for you, please let
me know.  The things that are currently first on my list of things TODO for
0.6 (no promises) are:

- Support some database types for DB lookup of whitelists.
- Add the ability to do prospective checking for outbound mail
- Depend on an external library for CIDR math rather than my current custom
  code
- Improved logging
- Better documentation of the options and how they interact.

I'm working now on getting a new package uploaded to Debian.  It will be
synced to Ubuntu.
Anyone who's working on packages for other distributions/operating systems,
please update yours.

Scott K