Re: [spf-discuss] Utility to expand SPF record into list of IPs?

2008-03-06 08:37:57
On 06/03/2008, Jason(_dot_)Price(_at_)thomson(_dot_)com
<Jason(_dot_)Price(_at_)thomson(_dot_)com> wrote:

I apologize if this is out of scope for this list - I wasn't sure, so figured
I'd give it a shot...  :)

Anyway, I'm looking for a utility that would allow me to query the SPF record
for a given domain, and then expand that SPF record into a list of IPs - and
I need to be able to do this programatically.  Kind of a strange request, I
know, but I need this ability for a kludge resolution of an issue that is
outside the interests of this list.

Unfortunately that's only possible for a partial set of SPF mechanisms
- you couldn't translate (eg) ptr and exists mechanisms into lists of
IPs.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer