[spf-discuss] Re: Re: Should double quotations in TXT get ignored?

2008-03-31 14:44:13
Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

Ditto, trying to outsmart others is often a recipe for
disaster.

Then the OP should assume "\"v=spf1 ...  was intentional,
and thus not an SPF policy.

Yep, we agree anyway about the outcome, I just looked which
of your examples are explicitly dealt with in RFC 4408.

(thus: "v=spf1" "a" "mx" "-all" instead of "v=spf1 a mx
-all")

Explicitly mentioned in the specification, all plausible
trouble we could foresee.

Is it? Where?

3.1.3, multiple strings in a DNS record:

|  IN TXT "v=spf1 .... first" "second string..."
| MUST be treated as equivalent to
|  IN TXT "v=spf1 .... firstsecond string..."

Maybe not exactly your case, but close enough for readers to
get the idea.

 Frank