Re: [spf-discuss] throwaway domains and whois

2008-10-15 20:50:48
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, Michael Deutschmann wrote:

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
In our case, we use our own reputation based blacklist.  There are
too many false positives with Spam Haus and the like.

Really?  I'd have thought using Spamhaus ZEN would be quite safe, since
even if there is an FP, you'd be among thousands of domains the sender
can't reach.  You can expect the sender to realize he has a *major
problem* before he even composes a mail to one of your users....

Right there is the problem.  The sender is clueless and incompetent,
and has no idea how to solve the problem.  They can't even configure
a valid HELO.  But they are the overseas partner of my customer, and their mail
has to go through - but I still have to block all the other garbage.  This
level of filtering is inherently custom.