Re: [spf-discuss] Yahoo mail and Gmail policy explanation?

2011-02-10 14:16:00
There is still a point, because although some ESP's may not block forged/non-existent domains, many mail servers do, more and more. And more and more use SPF as an indicator toward spam (which is often forgery) or not.
So having an SPF record can help your domain get successful delivery.
And can help you from some forgery should it ever sneak up on you.

I am all for "do not fix something that is not broken",
but remember also that "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".
SPF may be that ounce of prevention.

Terry

Terry Fielder
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Associate Director Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
Fax: (416) 441-9085