Re: [spf-discuss] Using SRS in production

2011-02-10 18:53:00
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:42:24PM +0100 or thereabouts, Jan L?hr wrote:
Hello,

I'm posting here, 'cause srs-discuss (mentioned at:
http://www.openspf.org/Forums) bounced while subscribing.

I'm in the need of deploying srs in production:
We're running a small site (debian, postfix as mta), that uses alias adresses
via postfix'es virtual alias maps. Some aliases forward to external domains
(eg. @gmail.com, @gmx.com), that perform spf checking. All virtual alias maps
are stored in ldap (by that: if mail is received via smtp, postfix performs
an ldap search in order to find all receivers).

In theory, srs can be implemented using a filter (for postfix) or using
another mta as smarthost (having srs-capabilities already built in) - am I
right?
Using google I found:
- http://www.libsrs2.org/patch/postfix-libsrs2-2.1.4-1.patch that seems quite
old. Neither debian-security support is provided nor integration into postfix
(upstream) is done yet.
- http://www.libsrs2.org/srs/Mail-SRS-0.31.tar.gz that might be used with
postfix this way: http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html - but I'ven't
found an example config yet (however, a debian package exists)

So, what's your way of implementing srs?

Thanks in advance,
Keep smiling
yanosz

I have been using the http://www.libsrs2.org/srs/Mail-SRS-0.31.tar.gz
for the last seven years.  Unfortunately, I have been using it with
sendmail, so I cannot give you specific details about implementation
with postfix.  Generally, I keep a file of domain names that are
the virtual aliases.  That list is checked by SRS for alias/unalias
work before normal processing happens.  I just have to automatically
rebuild the file if there is a change in the virtualization data files.

Good luck with the postfix side of the package.
-Mike Elliott

Unsubscribe Now: