Re: [spf-discuss] SenderID is dead

2011-05-03 14:16:53
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Dotzero <dotzero(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Hal
<haroldb(_at_)truemountainconsulting(_dot_)com> wrote:
Microsoft has removed most SenderID information from its website, and in
particular http://www.microsoft.com/senderid now redirects to a Forefront
anti-
SPAM product page.  It seems like it is time to move the SenderID vs SPF
discussion to a more past-tense wording, which hopefully encourages greater
adoption of SPF.

http://hal2020.com/2011/05/02/has-microsoft-put-the-nail-in-the-coffin-on-
senderid/

My understanding is that this is likely only a temporary situation.
Microsoft still uses SIDF. Personally I'd prefer that everyone not get
in an uproar. SIDF is what it is and those who use it are who they
are. My personal recommendation to folks when I give email
authentication training is that they use spf2.0/mfrom with the same
contents as their spf1 record.

Everyones time would be much better served by a discussion on whether
(I am supportive) to move SPF to standards track (remember, it is
still experimental) within IETF. This could either be through  working
group or as an independent submission through openspf.

It appears it is a temporary issue (which tehy are fixing) .... it can
be reached if you use
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/content/technologies/senderid/wizard/default.aspx

Unsubscribe Now: