xsl-list

question on calling templates

2002-08-29 13:17:07
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to store template name in the variable and
then call template.
So, the sample XSL would be following:

<xsl:variable name="currentTemplate" select="'test'"/>
<xsl:call-template name="$currentTemplate"/>

Seems like XSLT does not allow this. Am I using the wrong syntax? Can this
be achieved in any other way?

The reason I am asking about this is that I am trying to use multiple
templates to create
header, body and footer for a web page. Header and footer stays the same for
all the pages. However,
body always changes. If I assign template names to header, footer and body,
I can call them to apply these templates.
I want to be able to call diffent body templates depending on the value of a
variable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eugene