xsl-list

Re: Xalan attribute order

2002-08-28 11:00:25
Thomas Bayer wrote:
Hallo,

I know, attribute order doesn't matter, and if order matters, something is
wrong. But I generate HTML from XML and there are old tools. So I have to
keep the attribute order. I guess Xalan sorts the attributs alphabetically.

Is there a way, to change the behaviour of Xalan?

Well, if you are copying from input to output and want to keep the attributes
in alphabetic order, you could so something like

<xsl:template match = "*">
  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:for-each select = "@*">
      <xsl:sort select = "name()"/>
      <xsl:copy/>
    </xsl:for-each>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

        Cheers,
                Tony.
====
Anthony B. Coates, Data Architect
mailto:abcoates(_at_)TheOffice(_dot_)net
MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language)
http://www.mddl.org/