xsl-list

Re: combining 2 different XML files within the same XSLT

2002-08-28 08:22:25
Jeni, this works perfectly with one small problem.

when using the document(//file) to fill the $mergedset variable, I am not
allowed to have file paths in front of the files

<files>
 <file>games.xml</file>
 <file>events.xml</file>
</files>

so the XML files have to be in the same directory as the XSL file, not a
huge deal, but I usually keep all the XML files in a separate directory
(cgi-bin/xml) from the XSL files..

so what I would like is
<files>
 <file>cgi-bin/xml/ncaa_games.xml</file>
 <file>cgi-bin/xml/holidays.xml</file>
</files>

but IF I do that, this doesn't work
<xsl:variable name="mergedset" select="document(//file)"/>

I have tried to use concat() inside the document(), but it doesn't seem to
work..

Is there a way to reference these files when they do not live in the same
directory?
normally I create variables for any files that are not the root file being
used for the transformation (see below)
 <xsl:variable name="entry" select="document('cgi-bin/xml/entry.xml')" />
 <xsl:variable name="teams" select="document('cgi-bin/xml/teams.xml')" />

and this works just fine, but I can't seem to achive the same thing using
the <files><file> approach....

What am I missing?
- Todd