xsl-list

HTML <script> tag

2002-08-28 07:53:05
I am including the following line in an XSLT template:

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="viewSource.js">
</script>

I use the latest Xalan for Java and the problem is that since the text node
of the element is empty, the XSLT engine generates the following:

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="viewSource.js" />

Well that is fine but for some bizarre reason neither the latest version of
IE nor Mozilla recognize this HTML and, worse, it causes the whole page to
render blank!

What I would like to do is just output the first version of the HTML above
and suppress the XSLT optimization. Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,
Stuart Zakon
Objects by Design
http://www.objectsbydesign.com