xsl-list

RE: amp

2002-09-27 01:24:24
The data come from the DB, and it's the user who feed the DB hence can not
control user from using '&'. Is there  a way of escaping this character if
the data comes from the DB? I have resaerched all over on the  internet but
have not gotten an appropriate explaination. It tells me to use '&' but
this data comes from the DB, how can i pick all '&' and trasform them in to
'&'.

Please assist, it's this discussion i mostly rely on in terms of knowledge

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Michael Kay
Sent: 26 September 2002 19:33
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] amp

I have a database driven intranet which uses XSLT to format
the XML files. it crashes when it encounters '&'. How can i
stop this from happening?

Change the software that's generating the XML so that the XML it
produces is well-formed.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com