xsl-list

RE: amp

2002-09-27 03:56:55
thanks i have used coldfussion which process the XML data and use the
"Replace(your_db_column_name, "&", "&", "ALL")"

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com
Sent: 27 September 2002 13:39
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] amp

Hi,

The data come from the DB, and it's the user who feed the DB
hence can not
control user from using '&'. Is there  a way of escaping this
character if
the data comes from the DB? I have resaerched all over on the
 internet but
have not gotten an appropriate explaination. It tells me to
use '&' but
this data comes from the DB, how can i pick all '&' and
trasform them in to
'&'.

You could preprocess the data with e.g. sed, perl, or with the tool you're
using to retrieve the documents, just by replacing every '&' character in
the document with "&". This could, however, not work if the XML document
contains entity references (like  ) or character entity references
(like  ), in which case you should only replace the ampersands that are
not entity delimiters.

Cheers,

Jarno