xsl-list

RE: xsl string comparison fails why?

2002-09-25 07:12:07
In the for-each, did you try printing out the value of "."?

Not sure about this, but I think the string value of
"admissions/state/text()" will include the value of the child
<statelink> element as well.

Try removing the text() node test. So:
<xsl:for-each select="admissions/state">

Kevin

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<admissions>
 <state>Alabama
  <statelink
  href="http://www.alabar.org/page.cfm?view=3&amp;subgroup=main";>
  Bar Admissions Information</statelink>
  </state>

     <xsl:for-each select="admissions/state/text()">
              <xsl:if test=".=$state">
                      <xsl:value-of select="."/>
              </xsl:if>
      </xsl:for-each>

The if never evalutes to true even if it is testing
Alabama=Alabama. I can print the value of the parameter using
<xsl:value-of select="$state"/> just fine