xsl-list

Re: Joining Multiple XML using XPath API of XALAN

2002-09-17 22:00:19
Hi Joseph,

I have the references of all the available XML
Document in my Java code.

What should I write in my stylesheet (XSL) so that it
gets the XML DOM reference in an XSL variable????

Had it been a file, I would have given the file name
to the document function ... but what to do in this
case.

Is the work in above going to be more than using the
importNode(...) and insertBefore(...) function from
Document and Node classes respectively to merge the
XMLs???

Your answers will help a lot.

Thanks
Dennis

--- Joseph Kesselman <keshlam(_at_)us(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> wrote:
I need to merge multiple in-memory DOM structures.
Is there any way to load the in-memory xml document
in
XSL just like document function.

Simplest answer would be to write an extension
function that knows where
to look to find your DOM (or DOMs) and returns the
appropriate Document
node. We should automagically do the right thing
with that.

Or you could write an entity resolver which
recognizes certain "magic"
URIs as requests to access your DOMs... but that's
probably more work and
I *think* it would be less efficient.