xsl-list

Re: doe alternative?

2002-09-11 05:19:46

   <xsl:otherwise>
        <xsl:comment>
            &lt;meta>
              <xsl:apply-templates mode="verb" select="@*"/>
            &lt;/meta>
         </xsl:comment>
      </xsl:otherwise>

where the verb mode does a linerisation of the tree, various versions
have been posted I think there's one in your faq, or the archives of
this list or the schematron distrib ...

Other than nested comments, I can't see any rationale in disallowing it?
It would be a source of incompatibility between stylesheets as it would
expose the XML linearisation  to the XSL  stylesheet, something not
currently possible.
<xsl:variable name="x">
          <xsl:comment>
              <xsl:apply-templates mode="verb" select="@*"/>
         </xsl:comment>
</xsl:variable>
If it would be allowed, then string value of $x would be something like
or
or
   a = '2' ></meta>
depending on how the system linearises XML.

David