xsl-list

RE: re-printing xml

2002-10-31 09:13:42
thanks Jarno,

I've actually tried using the verbatim formatter, and I'm getting a stack
overflow error.
any idea how I can resolve this?

Isaac

-----Original Message-----
From: Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com
[mailto:Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 1:45 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] re-printing xml

Hi,

I am busy creating help files for our product (which will be
xml/xsl driven).  I am stumped on one portion of our design.
sample input:  (select everything that is a descendent of
//xs:xmlSample and return it with modifications)

[snip]

the output in html will be almost exactly that of the input
(unless they are openning nodes, such as ResponseTranslation,
Maps, Map, Inputs, or Input; in which case, the name is
reprinted and a link is created to an anchor elsewhere on the
same page).

That is, you want a verbatim formatter/XML serializer written in XSLT? See e.g.
<http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker/XSLT/#xmlverbatim> and modity that
to create the links.

Cheers,

Jarno