xsl-list

Encoding/Entities problems

2002-10-28 12:48:27
Hi all,

I´m having a problem with encoding.
in my xml and xsl files, i´m using encoding="ISO-8859-1"

my xsl, xml editor (xml spy) says that the document is well-formated
but i´m having this error in the browser:

---------
msxml4.dll error '80004005'

The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may be
empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML document.
----------

my text are in portuguese (i´m from brazil)..so, I use: ç, á, é, í, ó, ú, ã,
ô, etc...
in the document I put "&ccedil";  but if I change it to "ç" it works well..
the browse accepts it.

but i´m typing the text in dreamweaver mx. and it converts automaticly the ç
to &ccedil, the à to &aacute, etc..

sooooooo..there´s in any solution for it? I really don´t want to type all
again without the entities.

thanks a lot
[]´s

Paulo Fabiano Langer