xsl-list

RE: Complex splitting of XML tag to multiple other XML tags using XSL T

2002-10-24 01:44:59
Hi'

Thank you for your answer!

<!ELEMENT lines (TeleLine, InetLine)+>
That says TeleLine and InetLine elements occur in pairs.

<TeleLine>
     <text2>TTT1</text2>
</TeleLine>
<TeleLine>
     <text1>TTT2</text1>
</TeleLine>
So this document is invalid.

The DTD line for the <lines> tag had a typo error -
it should of course be:

<!ELEMENT lines (TeleLine | InetLine)+>

Also the line
<!ATTLIST AD SEQ CDATA (U|S|M|E) #REQUIRED>

should have been:
<!ATTLIST AD SEQ (U|S|M|E) #REQUIRED>

My mistake. Sorry!

It would help if you worked on teh clarity of the specification a bit.
What does all this stuff mean?

In plain words we need the split the customer <ADLIST> tag (a
tag that really contains the structure and text of a list of ads) into
several individual <AD> tags in our own XML format.
This splitting should only occur in very specific circumstances and should
only be applied in a very specific way, which is what the specification tries
to explain.

Anyways - all the specification stuff aside - can you/anyone help me with the
XML example
i included (this example covers most - if not all - of the special cases we
should
meet).

keys may make the solution far more efficient, but they are never
essential.  Get the algorithm right first, then think about the
implementation.

Since im really, really stuck - i'll take anything that works!!

My beer offer still stands!

/Lars