xsl-list

Re: word wrapping using fo-xsl

2002-10-23 06:30:53
how do you insert zero length spaces?  I am currently using hyphenation and
have not had my URLs hyphenated, knock on wood, but I can see how that would
happen. I am still very new to this technology and really appreciate all the
help provided on this list.

Thanks
Noel

----- Original Message -----
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)de>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] word wrapping using fo-xsl

Deborah Aleyne Lapeyre wrote:
[on behalf of someone]
I am currently using fo-xsl to render xml into pdf. I am having some
problems with word wrapping. eg. if I have a very long word, it will
extend
to the next column of the table with no auto-hyphenation or word
wrapping.

1. Tell the formatter to use hyphenate by setting the appropriate
    properties.
2. Insert soft hyphens at appropriate places, if the formatter
    implements Unicode soft hyphen handling.
3. Insert zero width spaces in the long word at appropriate places
    if the word is something like an URL or product number.

J.Pietschmann