xsl-list

RE: Removing duplicates

2002-10-22 16:02:48
either. Unfortunately, it is my understanding that "preceding-sibling::*"
will only look at the one sibling adjacent to current(). Hence,

No.
"
the preceding-sibling axis contains all the preceding siblings of the
context node; if the context node is an attribute node or namespace node,
the preceding-sibling axis is empty
"

Sorry but I must be slow (it is late here).
You only want to process RCs if there is no RC with the same value in the
same DETAILLINE?
Is that right?

If so,

<xsl:template match="RC">
        <xsl:if
test="not(ancestor::DETAILLINE/descendant::RC[count(following::RC|current())
= count(following::RC)][text()=current()/text()])">             ...
        </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

This says "look for RCs descending from the same DETAILLINE as this RC,
where they have the same text value as this RC, and they have a following RC
that is the same as this RC (i.e. they are a preceding RC)"

There is probably a better way of doing this.

Kind regards,

James Carlyle

FableFlow : MMS templating and delivery
Multimedia Messaging commentary : http://www.fableflow.com/weblog/