xsl-list

Re: XML in IE6

2002-10-22 10:11:41
David,
Thanks (yes that was a typo). I tried my xml without a <!DOCTYPE on
another pc here and it worked fine. So I am at a loss as well as to
the problem. I have a feeling it really has nothing to do with IE6.

Thanks,
Mike Ferrando
Washington, DC

--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

I haven't seen the behaviour you report but

I tried giving the XML document a <!DOCTYPE xml SYSTE "xml.dtd">
tag
but it still did the same thing.

such a file is not well formed (even if you correct the type SYTE
to SYSTEM)
you may not give an element a name beginning with xml. In
particular you
can not have an element <xml which is what you have specified as
teh top
level element.

David

This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star
Internet
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For
further
information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively
call

 XSL-List info and archive: