xsl-list

XSL-FO Footnotes

2002-10-20 19:42:03
I am trying to create a PDF document from an XML document by running it
through XSLT and Apache-FOP or XEP.
I have it working except for one thing.  On a single page, there may be more
than one reference to the same footnote, so I create a footnote tag for each
one.  The problem is, since you don't know where the page breaks are going
to be when running through the XSLT process, I end up with duplicate
footnotes on a page.  For instance, if I have three references to footnote
(1) on page 2, then at the bottom of page 2, there are three footnotes.

Is there any way to solve this, or is there an assumption that there will be
only one reference to each footnote in a single document.

Regards,

Anthony Jones
Senior Programmer (Applications and Development)
Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) Ltd

Phone: +61 7 38581285
email: anthony(_at_)qtac(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au

  "If a train station is where the train stops,
           what is a work station?"