xsl-list

Re: Functional Language wasRE: Re: declarative language, need for loops etc.

2002-10-18 05:38:07

so that was the plan?
Can't think of any other reason for Xquery...

I've always had a problem with the concept of ugliness in a programming
language,....

yes. sensible points.
But as the exception that proves the rule I think Xquery is just plain
horrible.

One might be tempted to think that it was hacked together in committee
from two disjoint languages based on two disjoint programming styles by
two disjoint group of people with little shared experience in common.
But surely that can't possibly be the case....

David