xsl-list

Re: Functional Language

2002-10-18 05:37:26

--- David Carlisle  wrote:
I'm just quoting Phil Wadler, who recently (at the School of

FP in Oxford, England, August) in his lecture about XQuery said
that
"XSLT is probably the most used functional language and the ugliest

one".

Of course Phil W has come up with a brilliant plan to solve the
problem
of
XSLT being the most ugly: Devise XML Query which will easily take
that
particular burden from XSLT...

:o)))

So Dimitre were you here in Oxford in the summer? You could have come
and said hello!

Are you living in Oxford, David? What a pity I didn't know.

I didn't know anyone from Oxford -- only visited a friend, who lives
half an hour from Oxford.

Someone was asking about the next XSLT UK -- probably then we'd be
better organised?

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.