xsl-list

[xsl-fo] generating the correct number of columns for a table from html to xsl-fo

2002-10-14 20:54:07

Jaish Kumar
Apex,Ph. no. 5351194,5351027 extn 141
" Pessimist always looks for  difficulty in opportunity and Optimist always
looks for opportunity in difficulty "
----- Forwarded by Jaish Kumar/Product/Apex on 14/06/2002 09:19 AM -----

                    "El Hage Camille"

                    <CAMILLE(_dot_)ELHAGE(_at_)fr(_dot_)glaverbe       To:
<xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
                    l.com>                            cc:

                    Sent by:                          Subject:     [xsl]
[xsl-fo] generating the correct
                    owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulber        number of
columns for a table from html to xsl-fo
                    rytech.com

                    14/10/2002 10:20 PM

                    Please respond to xsl-list

Hi all,
I need to generate a table in xsl-fo from an html table. My problem is that
in FO, you need to declare the number of columns before starting the body.

On the FAQ, I only found the (enlightening) discussion on how to get the
maximum number of child nodes (
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200101/msg00177.html), but
the resulting code gives a number and I don't know how to use that.

My question is: if I have a number (say "8"), how do I loop through to
generate 8 times the line : <fo:table-column column-width="2cm"/> ?

thanks for any help.
Camille