xsl-list

RE: Hierearchy navigation in XSL

2002-10-14 07:48:59
On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 03:04, Yates, Danny (ANTS) wrote:
Hi Scott,
XML is great for representing hierarchical data structures,
so why use strings to do the same job? If possible, I suggest
you change the input document format to be something like:

Because, unfortunately, I have very little control over the format of
the input data.  Worst case, you're right.  I could process the data
using two scripts: transform the flat namespace to hierarchical, then
process the transformed file.

However, if at all possible, it sure would be nice to just process the
file in one step.  How hard could it be?  :)

Thanks,

    - Scott