xsl-list

RE: Hierearchy navigation in XSL

2002-10-14 03:04:26
Hi Scott,

XML is great for representing hierarchical data structures,
so why use strings to do the same job? If possible, I suggest
you change the input document format to be something like:

<masterdoc>
  <namespace name="System">
    <class name="Object"/>
    <class name="Array"/>
    <namespace name="Collections">
      <class name="ArrayList"/>
      <class name="Comparer"/>
      <namespace name="Overkill">
        <class name="Grimey"/>
      </namespace>
    </namespace>
    <namespace name="Runtime">
      <namespace name="Serialization">
         <class name="Formatter"/>
      </namespace>
      <namespace name="Remoting">
         <class name="ObjectHandle"/>
      </namespace>
    </namespace>
  </namespace>
  <namespace name="Other">
    <namespace name="SubAPI">
      <class name="Garbage"/>
    </namespace>
  </namespace>
</masterdoc>

This will make you problem considerably easier to solve.

Regards,

Dan.

--
Danny Yates