xsl-list

RE: Error xsl:param may not be used here

2002-10-14 03:37:46
Andrew Wrote:
Thats interesting - saxon 6.5.2 allows this (as stated msxml doesnt).

The specs says:

11.5 "As well as being allowed at the top-level, both xsl:variable and
xsl:param are also allowed in templates. xsl:variable is allowed
anywhere within a template that an instruction is allowed. In this case,
the binding is visible for all following siblings and their descendants.
Note that the binding is not visible for the xsl:variable element
itself. xsl:param is allowed as a child at the beginning of an
xsl:template element. In this context, the binding is visible for all
following siblings and their descendants. Note that the binding is not
visible for the xsl:param element itself."
----
Aren't we talking same??
The problem is that your <xsl:param> is wrongly placed.<xsl:param> is a top level element ie, child of ><xsl:stylesheet> element --OR-- if it is in a template then it must >be the immediate child of the <xsl:template> element.
---
I did not negate the point that "As well as being allowed at the top-level, both xsl:variable and xsl:param are also allowed in templates." what I said was...if <xsl:param> is used as a stylesheet parameter then it must be immediate child of <xsl:stylesheet> element and if <xsl:param> is used as a template parameter then it must be immediate child of <xsl:template> element..