xsl-list

RE: Using document()

2002-10-11 02:45:02
There is an awkward interaction
between the
URIResolver specification and the rule that if you access the same
document twice, you must get the same root node back each time. This
puts the XSLT processor in a quandary when you do:

document('foo#john') | document('foo#mary')

See I'm not convinced that there should be a problem. If we
were to assign that to the variable $example, I would expect
that it would have two nodes in the node set. Further I would
expect that $example/ancestor-or-self::*[not(parent::*)]
(assuming that would correctly reference the root element of
a node) would return a node set of one.

Only if the DOMSource that your URIResolver returns is used "in-situ",
rather than being copied.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com