xsl-list

RE: Using document()

2002-10-10 04:12:37
Hmm. Doing some digging in the MSXML4 help files, you may want to look
at the a couple of methods in a bit more detail:

1. IVBSAXEntityResolver.resolveEntity

Allows the application to resolve external entities.

When ISAXEntityResolver or IVBSAXEntityResolver is implemented, the SAX
reader will call this method before opening any external entity except
the top-level document entity. External entities handled by this method
can include the following: the external DTD subset, external entities
referenced within the DTD, and external entities referenced within the
document element. The application can request that the parser resolve
the entity itself, that it use an alternative URI, or that it use an
entirely different input source.

Application writers can use the resolveEntity method to perform the
following tasks:

- To redirect external system identifiers to secure and/or local URIs.
- To look up public identifiers in a catalogue.
- To read an entity from a database or other input source for example, a
dialog box.

2. IXMLDOMDocument.resolveExternals

Boolean. The property is read/write.

When the parameter is True, external definitions are resolved at parse
time. This allows default attributes and data types to be defined on
elements from the schema and allows use of the DTD as a file inclusion
mechanism.

This setting is independent of whether validation is to be performed, as
indicated by the value of the validateOnParse property. If externals
cannot be resolved during validation, a validation error occurs. When
the value of isResolving is False, externals are not resolved and
validation is not performed.

A resolvable namespace is indicated by a namespace Universal Resource
Identifier (URI) that begins with "x-schema:" as its prefix.

The default setting is True.

This member is an extension of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
Document Object Model (DOM).

Not something I've really played with, though, so not much more I can
say.

Rgs

Ben