xsl-list

RE: sum function used for values within a node

2002-10-07 03:23:54
Michael wrote:

I am returning values back from a recordset and populating
nodes with the
values. I am struggling to sum those values once they have all been
returned.

for example:

I am returning each value from completed_setup with a for-each loop.

<xsl:for each Record/Reseller_ID>

<xsl:value-of select="./CLI/COMPLETED_SETUP"/>

</xsl:end each>
--------^^^^^^^^  surely not?

so they're Record/Reseller_ID/CLI/COMPLETED_SETUP's? It always helps to show
your xml.

Later on what I want to do is to sum all values held within the
<completed_setup>node and write out in a seperate cell.
The code im currently using is :

<xsl:value-of select="sum(../CLI/COMPLETED_SETUP)"/>

wihich is outide the above loop.

does that mean, outside the above loop but in the same context as the loop?
If you're having to do <xsl:for-each select="Record/Reseller_ID"> then your
context is the parent of Record. If in that context you then ask for
"../CLI/COMPLETED_SETUP" then from what little glimpse of your xml you've
given us you're probably getting an empty node-set, unless the parent of the
the parent of Record also have CLI/COMPLETED_SETUP children...

How about summing "Record/Reseller_ID/CLI/COMPLETED_SETUP" instead? But this
is all mere conjecture, without knowing the contexts :)

Also is it possible to create seperate tables within the
stylesheet that
appear at after a recordset has been displayed. I have
displayed  values
back from a recordset howver I wish to have a final total
table at the end
of the report which is written back. currently I have put
this as a seperate
table aoutise the loop which processes invididual customers
however this
total table appear at the bottom of each report page - I just
want it at the
end of the report.

what does your xml look like?

cheers,