xsl-list

RE: Prob using xsl namespace across corp network (w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform)

2002-10-02 12:30:22
If you are doing client-side transformations in Internet Explorer then
you need to make sure that IE is configured to support XSLT. By default,
until and including IE 5.5, it isn't. Details at
http://www.netcrucible.com/.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
ALFANO, ALAN (SNETCOMM)
Sent: 02 October 2002 20:04
To: 'xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'
Subject: [xsl] Prob using xsl namespace across corp network
(w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform)

Hello everyone,
This is my first post on the xsl-list. Hopefully it is not too long.

I am having problems changing an existing production xsl
screen's xml namespace
from: w3.org/TR/WD-xsl, to: w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform.

The screen separates each data group by using a colored text
line separator bar (row). The client wants to add a new data
group that will occur 0 to n times. They want the separator
bar not to appear if the data group was not found in the xml.
They want the separator bar to appear once if the data group
is found one or more times in the xml.

I changed the existing production xml namespace,
from: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>
to: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
version="1.0">

I then used the position() function to control the separator bar.

Problem
-------
Changes work perfectly on our east coast test, integration
and pre-prod server environments. Problem is that clients in
California using the same pre-prod URL do not function correctly.

The HTML portion of their xsl screen works correctly and all
XSL: commands fail. I am guessing that the new namespace URL
is somehow not valid on the other locations.

I have contacted groups who administer corporate proxy
addresses, DNS group and firewall groups. All state that they
are not causing the problem. I am at a loss on where in the
corporate network the problem might be.

Worse case, a fix may not be identified.
How could I control the separator bar with the current
working namespace ?
(http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Alan Alfano

Here is snippette of my modified code:
.
.
                      <xsl:for-each
select="orderStatusDetailSearchOutput/orderLineItemList/orderL
ineItem/promis
eShipList/promiseShipInfo">
                              <xsl:if test="position()=1">
width="750" height="15" class="formtextb" align="left"
bgcolor="#cfdffd"> Supplier Promise Ship Info</td>
                      </xsl:if>

valign="baseline" class="formtext" align="left" >Ship Date</td>
valign="baseline" class="formtext" align="left" >Ship Qty.</td>
valign="baseline" class="formtext" align="left" >Supplier</td>
valign="baseline" class="formtext" align="left" bgcolor="#e4e4e4">
                              <xsl:value-of select="promiseDate"/>
valign="baseline" class="formtext" align="left" bgcolor="#e4e4e4">
                              <xsl:value-of select="promiseQuantity"/>
valign="baseline" class="formtext" align="left" bgcolor="#e4e4e4">
                              <xsl:value-of
select="/orderStatusDetailSearchOutput/orderLineItemList/order
LineItem/vendo
rName"/>
                      </xsl:for-each>