xsl-list

Prob using xsl namespace across corp network (w3.org/1999/XSL/Tra nsform)

2002-10-02 12:04:18
Hello everyone,
This is my first post on the xsl-list. Hopefully it is not too long.

I am having problems changing an existing production xsl screen's xml
namespace
from: w3.org/TR/WD-xsl, to: w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform.

The screen separates each data group by using a colored text line separator
bar (row).
The client wants to add a new data group that will occur 0 to n times.
They want the separator bar not to appear if the data group was not found in
the xml.
They want the separator bar to appear once if the data group is found one or
more times in the xml.

I changed the existing production xml namespace,
from: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>
to: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
version="1.0">

I then used the position() function to control the separator bar.

Problem
-------
Changes work perfectly on our east coast test, integration and pre-prod
server environments.
Problem is that clients in California using the same pre-prod URL do not
function correctly.

The HTML portion of their xsl screen works correctly and all XSL: commands
fail.
I am guessing that the new namespace URL is somehow not valid on the other
locations.

I have contacted groups who administer corporate proxy addresses, DNS group
and firewall groups.
All state that they are not causing the problem.
I am at a loss on where in the corporate network the problem might be.

Worse case, a fix may not be identified.
How could I control the separator bar with the current working namespace ?
(http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Alan Alfano

Here is snippette of my modified code:
.
.
                <xsl:for-each
select="orderStatusDetailSearchOutput/orderLineItemList/orderLineItem/promis
eShipList/promiseShipInfo">
                        <xsl:if test="position()=1">
height="15" class="formtextb" align="left" bgcolor="#cfdffd"> Supplier
Promise Ship Info</td>
                        </xsl:if>

valign="baseline" class="formtext" align="left" >Ship Date</td>
valign="baseline" class="formtext" align="left" >Ship Qty.</td>
valign="baseline" class="formtext" align="left" >Supplier</td>
align="left" bgcolor="#e4e4e4">
                                <xsl:value-of select="promiseDate"/>
align="left" bgcolor="#e4e4e4">
                                <xsl:value-of select="promiseQuantity"/>
align="left" bgcolor="#e4e4e4">
                                <xsl:value-of
select="/orderStatusDetailSearchOutput/orderLineItemList/orderLineItem/vendo
rName"/>
                </xsl:for-each>