xsl-list

RE: workaround for parameter in include statement?

2002-11-27 09:55:57
Dear David,

in my settings.xml i have something like

etc ...
  <urls>
    <api>ho</api>
    <global>global</global>
    <bilder>bilder</bilder>
    <js>js</js>
    <xsl>xsl</xsl>
  </urls>
etc...

Now this file is at the absolute path /ho/global/xml

In my application.xsl at /ho/api/xsl i want include my settings.xsl like
  like pseudo-code <xsl:include
href="concat('/',document('/ho/global/xml/settings.xml')/root/urls/api,'/',document('/ho/global/xml/settings.xml')/root/urls/global,'/xsl/settings.xsl')"/>

which transform the xml-string at / (root) which starts the process.

It is a circuit, it seems impossible to get a selection in my application.xsl
declared at settings.xml in node <urls>.

In other words,

i want define in a second xml my url-patterns and use these paths by selecting
it from my transforming stylesheets, which use these paths in order to include
other xml and xsl files.

I think it is like try to answer which was first, the egg or the chicken.

Thanks,

Hans

Is there a workaround with purely client-side xsl to selecting a url with a
variable ?

xsl:include/xsl:import  are compile time includes, it happens before any
variables are evaluated, so the answer to your question as written is no.

However there may be a way to get the functionality you want it depends
what that is, for example you can include the stylesheets each of which
declares templates in different modes, then use a variable to select the
mode to use. Or there may be other alternatives, it depends in the setup
that you have...

David