xsl-list

Re: Interesting issue

2002-11-22 10:24:15
Mike,

I didn't check in detail what that javascript was
doing, but It looks like you would be better just
coding the functionality in XSLT.

I have tried this too. The xml/xsl I sent are repro of
the real problem. I mean to say the <Customers>/<data>
contains more than 5000 bytes. So to process this big
string I didnt had any other option except using
Javascript. In actual the loop in the Javascript code
I sent executes 200 times.

You could in some circimstances use
disable-output->escaping so that such  a string gets
output as XML >markup, but use of
disable-output-escaping  is always >non portable and a
sign that something is wrong.
I would surely try this.

If you think otherwise about >my situation, I would
appreciate your valuable >suggestions.

Thanks
Nischal

--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

(you could have picked a better subject line for
this thread)

    <lxslt:script lang="javascript">

I didn't check in detail what that javascript was
doing, but
It looks like you would be better just coding the
functionality in XSLT.

If you must do it in javascript you would be better
to generate DOM
nodes and then convert to an Xpath node set using
whatever mechanism
xalan provides for that.

As it is you haven't generated any element nodes at
all you've just
generated a string with < and > in.

You could in some circimstances use
disable-output-escapingso that such
a string gets output as XML markup, but use of
disable-output-escaping
is always non portable and a sign that something is
wrong.

David

This message has been checked for all known viruses
by Star Internet
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning
Service. For further
information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp
or alternatively call
Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning
Service.

 XSL-List info and archive: