xsl-list

Re: how to deal with uncertain node name in xsl?

2002-11-22 01:22:03
thanks a lot for your time.
As you said,when a node name is unknown,* would work.
it's such a simple problem,i am a newcomer.

----- Original Message -----
From: <Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 3:33 PM
Subject: RE: [xsl] how to deal with uncertain node name in xsl?

Hi,

    I need help on the following problem.  Any suggestions?

      Thanks in Advance.

      glliu

    xml file: I do not know the sub node name and number of
<A>,how can i convert the xml  to html in xsl?

    <A>
                <..>node value</..>
                <...>node value</...>
                <....>node value</...>
   </A>

Could you show us your desired output? Since

<xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:apply-templates select="decendant::A" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="A">
  <ul>
    <xsl:for-each select="*">
      <li>
        <xsl:value-of select="." />
      </li>
    </xsl:for-each>
  </ul>
</xsl:template>

would transform the input into HTML, but probably not the kind you want.
Anyhow, if you didn't know how to match an element without knowing it's name,
use * and see <http://localhost/tr/xpath/#node-tests>.

Cheers,

Jarno