xsl-list

Exclusions in XPATH

2002-11-21 07:41:00
XPATH help appreciated !

 XML:
<A>
  <B>
    <C>101</C>
      <D>
        <E W="XYZ">0204268270</E>
           <F>
              <G>Versicherungsstr. 1</G>
              <H>Offenburg</H>
           </F>
        </E>
       </D>
   </B>
</A>

XSL:
                <xsl:template match="A">
                        <xsl:for-each
select="./*[1]//*[not(*)]|./*[1]//@*[not(*)]">
                                <xsl:value-of select="name()"/>
                                <xsl:if test="position()!=last()">;</xsl:if>

                        </xsl:for-each>
                <xsl:apply-templates/>
        </xsl:template>

This gives me output of: C;E;W;G;H

Question 1: Can I get both attribute-names and element-names more easily in
the select or does it have to be like I have it above ?

If I only know the element-names A and F

Question 2:  How can I exclude the descendants of element F from the select
? Output would then be C;E;W. I've tried various combinations but either end
up with all-or-nothing.

Thanks in advance,

Robin