xsl-list

JSP Tag library .tld files to HTML: DOCTYPE mangles it...

2002-11-19 10:15:05
I found an example where XSL was used to transform a JSP tag library's .tld
file (which is an XML document) into HTML. Provides a nice and easy way to
generate rudimentary documentation for a taglib.

I notice however that this only seems to work if the <!DOCTYPE...> part in
the tld file is commented out. When this is not the case the transformation
spits out what seems to be a plain text file. No errors are reported during
the transformation.

I am trying this with Xalan-Java 2.4.1 from the command line (java
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in taglib.tld -xsl taglib.xsl)

I'd like to not have to comment out the <!DOCTYPE> part but can't seem to
find any clues anywhere about why it's behaving this way or if there's
anything I can do about.

Has anyone else been here before and found an answer?

Thanks in anticipation,

Jon