xsl-list

Re: RE: variable in xpath

2002-11-16 08:09:08
Does MSXML 3.0 or 4.0 support this evaluate() function? I tried to get the function from exslt, but couldn't find the source code for that (where as I found some source code for some string functions). Or can I make use of any VBScript function which does this?? Can someone help me out?

Thanks & Regards,
Kalyan.

P.S:- Even if someone could suggest a good site for writing xslt functions in VBScript, that would help me.

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 Michael Kay wrote :

> I have a variable $path that holds an element's (in File1) xpath
> as if it was assinged by one the following:

You need to use a processor that offers dynamic XPath evaluation, e.g. xx:evaluate() in Saxon or Xalan. This can't be done in standard XSLT
1.0.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com