xsl-list

Re: Write specific String

2002-11-15 07:44:07
Thanks,

I use FO.
How can you do to force the page breaking?
But in my example it is more difficult because I don't know how many lines
are for sexe="M" and sexe="F" because it is generated from my database.
So In my page-sequence, i have table imbricated et I write my information
inside.

Yann
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Carlisle" <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] Write specific String

How can I do to write it again on the 2nd page?

You haven't said what technology you are using to print/paginate the
document.
If you are using FO then you can't really change the text within the
main flow based on the page breaking.

However if the text in your tables is just normal text, so every line of
the table is the same height, then you may be able to know the number of
rows per page in advance, in which case your XSLT can force the page
break every _n_ lines and add the sex letter again at that point.

If you are not using FO and are using some other printing strategy then
it may be that you can add teh letter at the page breaking stage...

David