xsl-list

Re: Write specific String

2002-11-15 08:05:36

How can you do to force the page breaking?
well one way is to end the table and the flow then start again.

But in my example it is more difficult because I don't know how many lines
are for sexe="M" and sexe="F"
_you_ don't know but your xsl stylesheet can work it out and so write
several 20 line tables instead of one big table.

(I hope this message does't bounce so often... my last reply used the
English spelling of one of the words above  and so generated several
messages saying that it had been quaranteened or filtered for containing
inappropriate material:-)

Actually there is something you can do.
Don't put any 'M' or 'F' into teh table, instead put an fo:marker with
that text.
then in the page heading you can retrieve the first marker on the page
which will be an F or M depending on the contents of the first line.
of course you want to have the letter visually in the table rather than
in the page head, but you can use a block with vertical space, the
marker text, negative space, to overlay the letter over the table.

David