xsl-list

Re: How to address generic unknown elements !

2002-11-14 06:42:58

   From: "Agnes Kielen" <a(_dot_)kielen(_at_)home(_dot_)nl>

   Hi,

   I don't understand exactly what your problem is but I noticed the following:
   <xsl:template match="/"> does not match the first as you seem to presume but
   the root.

The root node _is_ the first node in document order in each document.

   If you want to match the first nood regardles how it is called use
   <xsl:template match="/node()

No that selects all the child nodes of teh root node, there may be more
than one of these (comments, processing instructions, and in nonwell
formed documents, more than one element node)

   Hope this helps,
   Agnes

David