xsl-list

Re: How can I chang the value og a global variable?

2002-11-14 06:38:21

I need to change the value, because, in another template I use the value of
this variable, and if I use the shadow property I loose the changes that in
this
template occurs.

The whole point about declarative programing languages is that they are
side effect free: Calling a function/template returns a result but it
never has unexpected side effects like changing the values of variables,
or any other state changes.

If you said whattransform you wanted to perform ratherthan saying that
you want to program XSLt as if it were fortran, we could offer more
constructive help.

David