xsl-list

Missing 'width' attribute, CALS limitation?

2002-11-11 19:52:13
Am I right in my assumption that to calculate mixed column widths
(proportional and absolute), you need the total width of a table?

CALS doesn't have such an attribute. It has something called "pgwide",
which I think can be useful, but I don't understand it fully. The DocBook
book says:

"If pgwide has the value 0, then the table is rendered in the current text
flow (with flow column width). A value of 1 specifies that the table should
be rendered across the full text page."

My interpretation is that 0 might be useful for tables as wide as
fo:region-body. Does 1 really mean a page without margins? What about
tables just half the width of fo:region-body? Why not have a width
attribute? Isn't this a major shortcoming in CALS?

Gustaf