xsl-list

RE: Word Highlighting

2002-11-05 02:25:47
Hi,

[snip]

Now, my problem is that the text is french, with characters
entities (like é).

If I have words with entities in them, like
cathédrale, they are considered as three text() nodes,
not one, and my template matching fails.

Which processor are you using? Entities will not generate separate text nodes
in the data model, il.e. a text node never has an immediately following or
preceding sibling that is a text node - see
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#section-Text-Nodes>.

Anyhow, if you have to use a product which creates several text as you
described, your problem becomes a grouping problem: process only the first (or
last) text node in a group of consecutive text nodes, and there combine the
consecutive text nodes into a RTF, and pass that to "marquage" template.

Cheers,

Jarno