xsl-list

Re: Excel XML tranformation

2002-11-05 02:20:34
Thomas,

What we do , to get the correct cell, is use named cells.
This gives following XML structure:

<Row>
 <Cell ss:StyleID="s58">
    <Data ss:Type="Number">9</Data>
    <NamedCell   ss:Name="eannr"/>
</Cell>
 <Cell ss:StyleID="s59">
   <Data ss:Type="Number">9</Data>
   <NamedCell   ss:Name="artikelnr"/>
</Cell>
</Row>

You can easly reference the cell by name.
Joeri

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas V. Nielsen" <thomas(_at_)integrator(_dot_)dk>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 9:58 AM
Subject: RE: [xsl] Excel XML tranformation

My problem is that does not save the "empty" cell, but refer to the
next
available cell by using a index, like;

When you say like then I assume you mean you are showing a
simulation of
Excel's xml output, because the output I routinely get from
Excel is far
more detailed than this, also empty cells are saved.

Hmmm, is there an option to do this?
I just use the "Save As" within Excel 2002

it would probably be better if you provided the exact xml
coming out of
excel. The example you gave didn't show the five empty cells. What you
said earlier indicated that there weren't any empty cells,
which should
it be.

I'll try to rephrase that. The following snippet is the actual xml saved
from Excel, but I have only included one row.

<Row>
<Cell>
<Data ss:Type="Number">37530</Data>
</Cell>
<Cell>
<Data ss:Type="Number">50006</Data>
</Cell>
<Cell>
<Data ss:Type="String">IRWIN I-100, 6 mm</Data>
</Cell>
<Cell>
<Data ss:Type="Number">24721013699</Data>
</Cell>
<Cell ss:Index="6">
<Data ss:Type="String">IR-i100.jpg</Data>
</Cell>
<Cell ss:Index="8">
<Data ss:Type="String">IRcover.jpg</Data>
</Cell>
<Cell>
<Data ss:Type="String">Irwin-b.eps</Data>
</Cell>
<Cell>
<Data ss:Type="String">iri-100a.eps</Data>
</Cell>
</Row>

What I am missing is the empty cells in spreadsheet. I can have them
exported, by filling out the "blanks" with an "'", but the are not
exported
by default. Not all the cells are filled out, but in the transformation I
refer to the cells individually (that's all I could figure out so far).

So when I do a match in the row for the image, like
<xsl:value-of select="ss:Cell[6]\Data"/>
This would actually give me "IRcover.jpg" instead of "IR-i100.jpg" which I
was expecting.

<Thomas/>