xsl-list

RE: How to obtain parameters with the xsl?

2002-11-04 03:08:57
Hello,

 I'm using jstl to parse the file. With this parser I can pass param to the xsl
by the way:

<x:transform xml="${xmldocument}" xslt="${xslt}">
  <x:param name="nodo_id" value="${nodo_id}"/>
  <x:param name="almacen_id" value="${almacen_id}"/>
  <x:param name="modalidad" value="${modalidad}"/>
</x:transform>

and after that I can take them on the xsl by this:
<xsl:param name="nodo_id"></xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="almacen_id"></xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="modalidad"></xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="prueba"/>

how Jarno has reply on his email.

Marcial

Missatge citat per: Steve Clay <steve(_dot_)clay(_at_)venation(_dot_)com>:

Hi

I've been struggling with this too. I have some xml which I want to
display in a browser, having transformed it to html using xslt. The
stylesheet needs to select just some of the data: which data exactly is
known only at runtime. So ideally I'd like to pass a parameter on the
url like you can do with html pages:

      (a) html like this: "http://somewhere/myhtmlpage.htm?some-param.
      (b) xml like this?: "file:///c:\path\filename.xml?some-param

I have managed to do this by 1) having a real html file with a body
consisting of a single <div/> element, (2) loading the xml file, (3)
creating a new node, (4) extracting the url parameter using the
javascript "document.location.search.substring(1);", (5) setting the new
node's value to this parameter and finally (5) loading the xslt, which
can now access the node I just added and use it to select just the data
required before assigning it to the <div> element in the body of the
page. Phew! Is there an easier and more elegant way?

On this topic Jarno.Elovirta said "Top-level xsl:param element with the
same name." I wondered if this meant I could just put "<?xml-stylesheet
type="text/xsl" href="Data.xslt"?> at the top of my xml file and load it
in Explorer using something like (b) above but if I have a stylesheet
with a parameter element at the top level MXSML v4.0 just says "Keyword
xsl:stylesheet may not contain xsl:parameter." So, I'm sorry Jarno but I
don't understand what you meant.

Anyone any suggestions or ideas please?
Kindest regards.
Steve Clay