xsl-list

RE: FOP : Grouping by position - Out Of Memory

2002-12-19 02:17:00
Hi,

i've been looking in the archive for an example of grouping
by position with
Apache FOP, but i can not seem to find a working example.
I have a large xml-file, that i have to transform to a .pdf
report. It's about
200 pages (but it can get larger !). It's done with a
for-each for every record.
And i need to have 2 records/page.
I have to limit the amount of memory used by java to 128mb.
The result is that i get an "out of memory"-error.

Do you sort the records? Also, if you're using FOP, are you sure the memory
doesn't run out in the FO processing, instead in XSLT phase?

In the archive i've learned that "grouping by position" would
be the solution
to the problem. How can i split up the for-each so that i
only have 2 records
on one page, and that the memory does not get exhausted ?

Select only

  record[position() mod 2 = 1]

and there process the current record and the following one using the following
or following-sibling axis.

--

Jarno - Covenant: Call The Ships To Port (Neon)