xsl-list

RE: XSL reading URL properties

2002-12-12 20:10:59
Mike,
  Thanks for the constructive input.  I did mention that my solution
violated his rule of only using XML or XSL, but thought people reading
the thread might benefit from the concepts.  The problem of feeding the
URL into XSL seems to be an matter of great interest to people.  So, I
figured I would share a method to accomplish that.

  As I said, if there is another way, I'd love to know it.

       Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Mike Brown
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 8:39 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL reading URL properties

Steve Gold wrote:
How about just a teeny touch of non XSL/XML???  Here is the only way I

have been able to do this: Three documents: (1) your XML, (2) your
XSL, and (3) an HTML document containing only the following:
<SCRIPT>

That violates one of the requirements:

No Javascript, no ASP, no JAVA, no scripting language of any kind

Too funny...

Mike

--
  Mike J. Brown   |  http://skew.org/~mike/resume/